Monday, November 27, 2006

brrr! snow...



This was the scene on my street this morning. Very unusual for November. We usually get a couple of days or so of snow around Christmas, but had about a foot of it over the week-end.

It's supposed to be -11 degrees Celsius tonight - also very unusual. I think that is the coldest in all the time I've lived in Vancouver. Brrr!

The boil water advisory was lifted today - after 12 days. That is also a first (the boil water thing) since I've lived here.

Here's another shot that I took in the forest today while out with the dogs.



For some reason, blogspot is squishing this pic', and I'm too brain-dead to figure it out. Click on it if you want to see it full size.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please may I snag that pic and use it on my blog? The tree one, I'll give you credit with a link to you blog!!

Tara said...

Looking at that first photo makes me want to put on my winter coat and scarf. We'll be seeing that in Ohio soon, I'm sure. Great shots, though. I like the angle of the forest photo.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Brrr.. looks cold... I bet we are for in for the same very soon..We are having your usual warm weather now but I'm sure it's only a tease for what's to come.. BTW... today is Graeme's First Birthday....love ya..A

solipsist said...

Thanks for posting folks.

misslh - thanks for asking. I've been meaning to put up a "creative commons licence" - wherein all are free to lift material from here, with proper accreditation. So yes, please feel free. Just click on the truncated photo' to get the full sized one.

Tara and babybull - this frightful weather is heading east, so I predict that by Wednesday, or Thursday, you will be inundated. Get your salt, snow shovel, windshield washer anti-freeze before hand. It will be hard to get those things in a couple of days.

Happy first birthday Graeme!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou!

C-dell said...

Hello, found you on nikki jilton's blog and really like what you said It is really in depth and true. Conservatives use the title democrat as an insult. I also don't like title like dem/rep. Conservatives also refuse to see it from the other side. If you don't agree with them you are automatically wrong. Check out my blog I think that you will like it.

 

Stats