Saturday, December 02, 2006

snow bound




Ugh!

Snowy week. Crazy city. The weather is warmer, but the snow is hanging on. This was the wisteria on my back deck on Wednesday. Things still look much the same, but the snow is slowly melting.

The problem in this city is that no one knows how to drive in snow (well no one knows how to drive period), so it's a flippin' nightmare trying to get anywhere. I had to drive all week, and trips that should have taken 10 minutes took a half hour. At least no one smashed into me. A lot of people did smash into each other though. I saw a lot of dented and bruised cars around.

The bright spot is that it is only 19 days to the solstice, and the days will start to get longer again after that. The spring will come, and we will have a new baby to usher it in. Yikes!

2 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

It doesn't seem to matter what the weather is. people drive with an understanding that they are the only beings on the road. They are rude when cutting you off then have the nerve tell you to f@$%* off. Inconsiderate and always.. always racing to that next red light.. gunning it past you as you are doing the speed limit. Somedays I'm glad I don't have my license.. because of people like that.. I would rather walk or take the bus.. I always say they must have gotten their license out of the Cracker Jacks Box.. as a prize..for being the biggest jack ass..

solipsist said...

No doubt!

 

Stats