Sunday, December 03, 2006

the belly, the babby


Here are a few shots of the-belly-with-the-babby-in-it. We're at 7 1/2 months now. I wonder at how big that belly will get. J is small, and I am big, so I trust that her body knows how big to grow that babby. I was over 10 lbs when born. Hoping for no more than an 8 pounder here.

I have seen the babby pushing out for the first time. What a strange sight. The little gaffer was stretching or something, and it was weird to see. Reminiscent of an alien or such.

A couple of J's friends threw a baby shower for J yesterday, and she received some nice gifts. Babby clothes, books, etc. I read a Dr. Seuss book to the baby this AM. It is a book that Dr. Seuss wrote before he died, and is meant to be read to the babby in utero. It tells of all the Dr. Seuss stories that will be read when the babby is in this world. It was kind of fun. I liked the Hop on Pop story, as I'm sure that I will be a Pop that's a good spot to hop upon.

We chose not to know the sex of the babby before it was born (I admit that I pushed that), because we wanted the surprise. I'm so old-fashioned in some ways. J would like to know now, but she is cool with waiting. We just don't know what colour of clothes to get. We both really want a girl, but the divining done yesterday indicates a boy. No matter, I told J. If it's a boy, we'll just raise it as a girl. I'm kidding! Just so long as we don't get any Oedipus thing going.

We have no firm ideas for names because we both think it's silly to name someone that we do not yet know. The babby will reveal it's character, and we will name it then. The only sure thing is that we will honour my grandparents. McConkey for a middle name if a boy (my Grampa's middle name), Pearl for a middle name if a girl (Grandma's middle name). Names are very important, so we want to do it right.

Stay tuned.




4 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I almost miss those days of my belly stretching and movements from the baby.. kicking and pushing.. TCP did exactly that too. He beat me up from the inside..lol.. It's such a cool experience.

solipsist said...

Hi babbybull.

Thanks for posting.

J figured that the babby was skipping rope with her tripes yesterday. She is fascinated with it all - as am I.

I have a certain envy for her, as it's a very personal experience that does not translate into the telling so well.

But Dr. Seuss wrote about Hop on Pop - not Outta Mum's Bum, so that's something I have on her...

Tara said...

Great photos! We have a coworker who is about that far along in her pregnancy. Do you know the sex of the baby yet?

solipsist said...

Thanks for coming by Tara.

We haven't found out the sex because I am an old-fashioned kind of guy, and I want the surprise, anticipation, etc. J kind of wants to know though, and I feel bad that I have pushed my own wants.

It's a tough call.

 

Stats