Monday, December 18, 2006

happy flippin' birthday to me



Agh! Birthday again.

I'm not very big on my birthday - fact is, I don't like December at all.

Born 3 days before the longest night of the year. Darkness and brooding.

Born on a Monday afternoon - Monday's child is fair of face... Certainly I am better looking than my brother (huh?), but I ain't no Brad Pitt (it's his birthday today too...)

December just keeps on getting grimmer. When I was in university, my best friend was killed in a car wreck two days before my birthday. My Grandma, who I loved so dearly, died the day before my birthday in 2003. Then, last week, on the 14th, we had to euthanize one of the best friends I have ever known - our wonderful, beautiful dog Que. All I really look forward to is the days getting longer again after the solstice.

Don't call on the 'phone, don't e-mail me. Just look forward to spring.

I'm here in my silent Scream...

3 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I still loves ya Big man.. Birthday or no Birthday..

Tara said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Solipsist! I made you a cyber cake on my blog.

solipsist said...

Thanks for posting.

And thanks for the virtual b-day cake Tara! I'm on my way over now to put it in the freezer...

 

Stats