Tuesday, October 17, 2006

El Nino




El Nino is supposed to affect us this winter, with warmer, drier weather. I like that kind of weather, but it is delusional to hope for it. We depend too much on the rain. This is, after all a rainforest, and we need more vegetation, and less fires.

September 21st is officially the last day of summer, but summer held until this past weekend - when we had real rain for the first time in months, and the daytime temperatures dropped from 20C to 12/13C. Just as well really, as we needed rain, and will need it over the winter to replenish the snow pack - else we stand to have water problems next summer. It's pretty good though, it is the weather that kept me here - cloudy with light rain in the morning, then sunshine in the afternoon, and then maybe rain at night.

I do welcome El Nino home none the less.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

We have had a fair amount of rain over the last month or so.I hope to see some snow this winter, We are ready and waiting. Yes you have great weather out there and I envy that. But I would miss the snow. Love ya Big Man.....A

 

Stats