Saturday, October 14, 2006

lighter



OK, so maybe things are a little hard-edged the last couple of posts. I'm going to try to lighten it up a bit.

This is "the Goos" (aka Luz, Luce, Lucy, Goos, Goosey Lucy, etc.). She came to us in May. J has always wanted a white cat to compliment our orange cat - Moses (aka Fat Boy, Fag boy, Piggy, The Orange Cat) and our orange and white cat - Puss-Puss (aka Puss), and she got the Goos just before she found out that she was preggers.

We named her Luce for "the bringer of light", and indeed, she has brought light - we found out about the baby just after she came (the cat, not J!).

She is crazy for water, and comes running whenever I am watering plants, brushing my teeth, washing my face, when J is in the bath, anything to do with water. She chases the water from the hose when I water the garden, and gets completely drenched, but still loves it. She has also insisted that the dogs love her, and has absolutely no fear of them. The younger dog is confused about that, and the older one is just resigned about it. The Goos is a character through and through.

I have some video of her chasing the water from the hose (and getting soaked), and will post it here as soon as I figure out how to do that.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Well I would certainly agree with you about men being like dogs. Especially when in heat. That's so funny.I'm glad you wrote something lighter for a change. Got to have some fun sometime..Yer cat is beautiful. She looks like a real character. Just like our Riley, He loves to lounge in front of the fireplace and bathe in the heat. In the winter he feels the cold like you and I would.Love the pic too. And of course I love ya too Big Man..... Yer cool too.....A

 

Stats