Monday, October 23, 2006

ice floe

click on image for larger view

This is a picture that I took of my Grandma on her 102nd birthday. We decided that it was time to cut 'er loose, and in the tradition of the Eskimos, set her on this ice floe to drift off to her maker.

Ah, I'm just leading you on. It really is a picture of Grandma on her 102nd birthday, but the picture was taken in the garden of the nursing home where she spent the last six months of her life. I "Photoshopped" her onto the ice floe because when I signed the papers for her admission to extended care, I felt that I was setting her on an unstable piece of ice in the Arctic. And, I'm an artist...

1 comment:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Yes this picture of our Grandmother was very touching, for me anyway. We didn't want her to be at the nursing home and neither did she.. I can see where you are coming from K. Love ya, A

 

Stats